Strategic Plan (2016-19)
NSIIP’s Strategic Plan (2016-19) outlines priorities, goals, and objectives that will ensure that North Shore progresses towards its vision of a fully inclusive community where everyone has a sense of belonging. The priorities and goals have been established to build upon North Shore’s existing strengths and assets to create a community where newcomers have the opportunity to fully participate economically, socially, and civically.
Community partnerships are integral for achieving our objectives. With our partners, we work to systematically improve the settlement outcomes for North Shore’s newcomers and support their long-term residence in our communities.
Research & Community Consultations
Extensive local research and community consultations inform the foundation of our Strategic Plan. We consulted numerous service providers across North Shore, and engaged with hundreds of the region’s major employers to discuss skills and labour shortages, and get their thoughts on potential career entry points for newcomers. We also collected valuable data from the census, surveys, and focus groups with immigrants and community leaders to review key newcomer demographics and gain insight into priority issues and areas for improvements.
The key stages of our research is summarized in a graphic timeline below, with downloadable PDF reports located at the bottom of the page.
- NSIIP Summary of Community Service Provider Input
- NSIIP Employer Survey – Key Findings Report
- North Shore Employer Survey Highlights
- Immigrants and the North Shore Labour Market
- North Shore – A Community of Newcomers
- Summary of NSIIP Immigrant Focus Groups
- Summary of Community Conversations (Adults)
- Summary of Community Conversations (Teens & Youth)
- Full Report: Consultations with North Shore Leaders
- Two-Page Summary: North Shore Leaders Offer Their Views
- Report: North Shore Immigrant Survey
Copyright ©2019 NSIIP.ca. All rights reserved.