Here you will find summaries of NSIIP research efforts, community surveys, and consultations that have been conducted since the inception of the North Shore Immigrant Inclusion Partnership (NSIIP) table.
This research provides a close look at the impact of COVID-19 on the North Shore labour market and explores opportunities for recruiting, hiring and retaining recent immigrant talent as a key strategy for economic recovery and future growth. It is a summary of community research data gathered in November 2021. View the full report here. View the report summary here.
To read more about the role that unconscious bias plays in shaping hiring practices and integrating recent immigrant talent into local workforces, view the resource sheet here. For more information about local organizations and strategies that help businesses gain a competitive edge by engaging immigrant talent, view the resource sheet here.
This document highlights key principles, promising practices and key actions for advancing racial equity work and disaggregated data collection in different spheres of impact. It is the culmination of work completed between Oct 2020 – June 2021. View the full report here. View the summary here.
This document shares data gathered from an online survey conducted in Spring 2020 exploring language and literacy services & learning needs of im/migrants on the North Shore.
Through 2014-2015, NSIIP hosted a series of community research activities to inform the development of pur Strategic Plan 2016-19. Detailed reports from our findings are listed below:
- NSIIP Summary of Community Service Provider Input
- NSIIP Employer Survey – Key Findings Report
- North Shore Employer Survey Highlights
- Immigrants and the North Shore Labour Market
- North Shore – A Community of Newcomers
- Summary of NSIIP Immigrant Focus Groups
- Summary of Community Conversations (Adults)
- Summary of Community Conversations (Teens & Youth)
- Full Report: Consultations with North Shore Leaders
- Two-Page Summary: North Shore Leaders Offer Their Views
- Report: North Shore Immigrant Survey