A festival to celebrate raising a happy, healthy and sustainable family in an urban core.
- City Hall will be transformed into a family friendly oasis, filled with interactive booths from a variety of City departments and community agencies with information about child, youth and family-friendliness, safe routes to schools, parks, recreation, growing food, and library services.
- Free Healthy Snacks
- Outdoor bike safety rodeo
- Preschool dance demonstration and “try it” opportunity
- Active games and sports – physical literacy skills
- Family stretch class
- Blood pressure and grip testing – NVRC
- Family art workshop
- BC Athletics run jump throw (physical literacy station
- Musical garden (come try instruments) in the Atrium Room.
- Guest speakers include Jillian Glover, author of “Kids in the City”, Melissa and Chris Bruntlett of “Modacity” and “Velo Family Diaries”, and Mackenzie Stonehocker, a planner, a parent, and a founding member of Driftwood Village Cohousing