Excellent Volunteer Opportunity for New Immigrants – Information Session for Library Champions Project
July 29, 2015
Would you like to be a Library Champion?
A new cycle of the Library Champions Project (LCP) will be starting soon on the North Shore for immigrants with an interest in volunteering with the Library Champions Project. To date, the LCP has trained more than 550 new immigrants on the outreach and communication skills necessary to effectively present information about library and settlement services to groups and individuals in their communities.
The Library Champions Project is looking for newcomers who are:
- 19 years of age or older
- A permanent resident, but not yet a Canadian citizen
- Enthusiastic about libraries
- Interested in volunteering in the community to share information about library and settlement resources with other newcomers
- Individuals who complete the project will receive a certificate of achievement.
As a Library Champion, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of library services and programs
- Build your communication and presentation skills
- Make a valuable contribution to the community
- Receive a certificate of achievement upon completion of the Library Championship
- Get a volunteer work reference for the period of active Library Championship Library Champions will receive support to cover transportation costs
Interested individuals must attend the upcoming information session.
Click here to learn more about NewToBC and its initiatives.Back